Wednesday, 6 April 2016

Tastic "Avulekile" TV AD

           
The worst part about this new Tastic ad isn't even that they are singing about rice. I mean, sure this choir can sing. Whatever. The boring factor -- I mean how many times are advertising agencies going to sit around and say, "LIGHT BULB. We could make x sing. Hopefully dance. But singing is key for this communication strategy"? It's boring.




The worst part about this ad for me, the part that makes me roll my eyes, is that the song is grammatically incorrect. Yep, another level of disrespect. What is "amaskhaftin," please? Could you draw one for me. I learn better with visual assistance. It's a lazy thing where they landed on the song -- does the artist, wasn't it Ishamel? get royalties? -- and just decided to go with it. It could have still have been as annoying with the correct grammar, thanks.

Don't even get me started on the disgusting looking skhaftin they are singing about:

                                                                                                                                                                      The peas look uncooked, the mealie looks like isaphila, the chicken looks like a glazed doughnut. And please, whose mother packs them TWO pieces of meat just nje? Did this person not eat their meat the night before? And if it tastes so much like Sunday, where are the seven colours? All this disrespect.

  
Sjwayela kabi

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?